Methods for Developing Quick, Explosive MMA Fighters
By Brett Bartholomew
Every MMA Fighters wants to be faster, but what they are really seeking is quickness. Fighters want the ability to change directions, find angles, hit takedowns, strike or find dominant positions QUICKLY and efficiently. In today's video, coach Brett Bartholomew explains how we develop quicker, more explosive MMA Fighters.
Speed Training for MMA
- the importance of strength training
- change of direction and agility training
- performing a lot of exercises in all planes of motion
- upper and lower body plyometrics effectively
- short explosive sprinting
- fatigue and quickness DO NOT mix well
Want to Learn More?