Good Stress vs. Bad Stress
By Corey Beasley
“It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.”
– Bruce Lee
We are surrounded by stress everyday...some good, some bad. Good stress can motivate us to get off our ass and perform, while too much or bad stress, can be overwhelming and have a negative effect on our health and performance. Below is a great infographic about stress from our friends over at Precision Nutrition.
Everyone has a breaking point, turning point, stress point, the game is permeated with it. The fans don't see it because we make it look so efficient. But internally, for a guy to be successful, you have to be like a clock spring, wound but not loose at the same time. - Dave Winfield
Take a minute and list out some of the good and bad stressors in your life.
- Are you training enough or too much?
- Eating good foods or making poor choices?
- Are you relationships helping you grow or slowing you down?
- Are you constantly struggling with the same obstacles?
- How do you think you fit into the scale above?