Should Conditioning Mimic Your Match?
By Carmen Bott
Should wrestler's workouts mimic their match? It happens all the time... if the match is 10 minutes long, then athletes grind for 10 minutes. But do these grinder sessions make you better or simply making you slow and tired? In today's video, Coach Bott discusses various ways of building up the body and preparing for your wrestling season.
Should Conditioning Sessions Mimic Your Match?
- Can you maintain a high pace throughout the session?
- Wrestling static and dynamic
- We need to condition the muscles and the cardiovascular system
- Repeatable and sustainable conditioning sessions are the key
- Are you maintaining your pace for each interval?
- Are you building your endurance or simply getting tired?