Hitting peak performance isn’t luck...it requires a precise and disciplined effort
It’s no secret that stronger, well-conditioned wrestlers beat their peers at the elite high school and college level. But getting in shape and peaking for a season is more than just grinding everyday. Specific, targeted training makes the most of your time and energy, and positions you to grow as an athlete over the years.
That’s exactly what The Physical Wrestler Workout Program intends to do - train wrestlers of all levels in a way that ensures they get better every season.
What makes this program unique?
Unfortunately, many wrestlers are told to do some combination of bodybuilding and powerlifting, without much thought to the bigger picture of strength & conditioning. What ends up happening is wrestlers get in this crazy death-circuit where they’re worn out, injured, and unprepared for frequent competitions.
Professor Carmen Bott has spent years creating the optimal on and off season training program that prepares wrestling Olympians & World Champions for their biggest competitions. Rest, intensity, technical work, and specific exercises all need to be interwoven into a timely and effective schedule that allows for peak performance and injury avoidance.
All of these elements have been thoughtfully crafted into The Physical Wrestler Workout Program.
Who is this Program for?
This comprehensive program is made for:
- Wrestlers at the High School or College level, and
- Coaches that want a structured program for their athletes.
The Program works for wrestlers of all levels, including strategies for beginner, intermediate, and advanced athletes.
With this Program, Wrestlers will learn to:
- Condition properly to peak for competition
- Plan a practice and off mat strength & conditioning schedule
- Measure yourself against other wrestlers
- Generate more muscular tension so you can lift more effectively
- Develop your athleticism by including power in all aspects of your program
The Physical Wrestler Strength & Conditioning Program Includes:
The Athlete Handbook
- Strength & Conditioning Tips
- Warm-up Methods
- Recovery Strategies
- Mental Skill Development
- Performance Nutrition
- Sleep Optimization
- NEW wrestling-specific field tests
- NEW tests of dynamic balance and reactive strength indices
- NEW in-depth sport analysis
- Normative data for all weight classes and tests worldwide
- Sample data collection sheets
- Comprehensive Athlete Intake Form
- Pre-testing instructions and informed consent forms
Off-Season Strength & Conditioning Program
- 16 Week Strength & Conditioning Program
- NEW – 3 Levels (Novice, Intermediate and Advanced)
- Built in Test to Determine Starting Point
- NEW – Kettlebell Strength Endurance Program
- Build Maximum Strength
Pre-Season Strength & Conditioning Program
- NEW - 8 Week Strength & Conditioning Program
- Peaking Tactics for Important Matches or Tournaments
- Plyometric Training Program for Explosive Power
- Alactic Power ‘Hill Repeat’ Conditioning Protocol
- NEW Kettlebell Power Endurance Program
In-Season Strength & Conditioning Program
- A 20 week in-season Strength & Conditioning Program
- Holiday off-mat conditioning programs
- Extra workouts for injured wrestlers
- Recommendations for Recovery
This Program was created by Professor Carmen Bott, who's a sought after coach & consultant for wrestlers and teams around the globe.
A professor of Kinesiology in Vancouver, British Columbia, Carmen Bott has dedicated her 20+ year career in athletics to finding the most optimal strength & conditioning methods for athletes of all kinds. Bott has read endless literature on wrestling, training, and recovery and has distilled all of that knowledge into The Physical Wrestler Workout Program.
"My wife and I had great success using Coach Bott’s program. We are both MMA athletes here in New Zealand and the program helped my wife return to the cage with Invicta FC after a 2yr lay off from having our son, and myself to peak performance assisting in my selection to represent New Zealand as this years IMMAF Oceania Championships in April 2019."
Paul & Faith McMah
"The Physical Wrestler is an opportunity to receive coaching from one of the top minds in the industry. Assessment, readiness, technique, strength training, mobility, flexibility, recovery, timing/scheduling, conditioning, Carmen Bott leaves no stone unturned and I’m thoroughly satisfied with the results I have seen with my world class BJJ athletes."
Will Nassif S&C Coach
"I am from Lynnwood, Washington. I am an NCAA Division II All–American. I consider wrestling my job, and everything else (side jobs, manual labor) is just a means to support my athlete lifestyle. I started wrestling in 8th grade, and ever since then I have committed myself to wrestling year–round and being the best.
I have faced knee and neck injuries, which have definitely presented obstacles in my training and competition. If you wrestle long enough, you are bound to face these typeof injuries. It’s how you deal with them, that makes the difference.
I started being advised by Coach Bott during the Summer of 2016. Coach Bott has provided me with a numerous resources for strength and conditioning, which I have utilized to become stronger than ever before. Coach Bott takes a student–like, science–oriented approach to coaching and research, meaning that she scours over literature and studies in order to provide the most effective and logical forms of training for her athletes.
I used to train almost like a body builder for wrestling, and while my wrestling skills kept increasing, my strength levels did not increase as much as I wanted them to.After being advised by Carmen Bott, I was able to focus on weight training that is more appropriate for combat sports.My strength has definitely increased after taking her coaching into account."
Get the most effective strategies and methods to ensure that your wrestling performance is strong, powerful and competition-ready!
Simply click the ‘add to cart’ button below and you will be taken to our 100% secure online order form. Fill out the short form, and in just 2 minutes your access link for “The Physical Wrestler” will be sent to your email inbox.