Strength for BJJ: Banded Zercher Good Morning
By PJ Nestler
The Banded Zercher Good Morning is a great exercise to develop the entire posterior chain, core and posture. Developing strong hamstring, glutes and back muscles are critical for health, strength and performance...especially for jiu jitsu competitors.
Banded Zercher Good Mornings:
- Attach a Power band to the hooks inside the power rack
- Weigh everything down so it doesn't move
- Feet hip width apart
- Pull the band into your chest, shoulders back
- Torso locked tight to maintain posture
- Hips back, slowly lowering.
- Fire belt buckle forward
- Lock out at the top