Fall is here and wrestling season is going to start before you know it.
Hopefully, you’ve spent the last few months increasing strength and laying the foundation for your conditioning. Ideally, intensity is going up, and we are training your body to work at match speed.
This pre season plan is designed to help you get faster, more explosive and ready to compete!
This will translate into quick takedowns, powerful throws and quick scrambles.
Inside this program you’ll get:
- Powerful intervals to build speed, more speed-endurance protocols
- Their are even protocols for injured athletes, so no excuses!
- Lots of different modalities prescribed from sleds to ropes to running plus more
- Use of Russian Serial methodology to build off-mat relentless conditioning
- An 8-week plyometrics program to follow twice per week to peak their explosive strength
- 3 days per week full body lifting program of high intensity and low volume – so there is lots of time to practice and condition
- Examples of a sample training week so you can fit it all in, working around wrestling practice
- Continue trunk and neck strengthening drills with more intensity
- Added recovery sessions to rest fast twitch fibers
- Mobility drills for recovery
If you don’t take action now, you are going to start the season a step behind.
The best competitors train all year and will have a massive advantage if you’ve been lazy and not training.
The purpose of this training phase is to translate existing strength into explosive speed and power.
When you are faster and more explosive, you will have a HUGE advantage over the competition.
So, start today and get that edge!